Thursday, June 26, 2008

Plants For Food


I am hoping to create a forum for those of us who believe that eating a wide variety of plant based foods is vital for good health; a place where we can share ideas and knowledge about diet, nutrition, and holistic health practices.

I believe in the body's ability to heal itself through nutrition using whole plant based foods and herbs.

As a medical professional, I have learned that disease is best tackled by prevention; and prevention is obtained by education. I believe in a person's ability to make the right choices for oneself if given all the facts; not just what big industries want to sell.


Diseases like Diabetes, Cancer, and Heart Disease, are "Diseases of Wealth". What are we eating? Why are we sick? All too often I have taken care of sick, hospitalized children whose diets are filled with fat, sugar and animal protein. Most people don't eat vegetables, whole grains, or even legumes. It is no secret that the Western diet is unhealthy. Look at other cultures that do not have these diseases. What are they eating? I believe a healthy plant-based diet is the best medicine.

Join me on this journey towards better health and better quality of life, where we can share our knowledge about eating plants for food!

No comments: