Friday, May 21, 2010

Shrimp and Fresh Arugula Saute

A dear friend was visiting recently. We enjoyed lunch together, catching up with our daily activities. Of course I had to show off my garden. We picked fresh arugula from the garden and added it into our sandwhiches for a refreshing burst of flavor. She told me how she sautees arugula with shrimp, so I had to try it the first chance I could.

I ran to the garden and picked a large amount of arugula knowing it cooks down to a quarter of what you start with. I Washed it and threw it in a sautee pan with olive oil. I of course, picked a fresh onion and chopped that into the pan as


well. I added a minced clove of garlic. After it cooked down I added a bag of peeled and devined jumbo shrimp. I don't think I even added salt or pepper but you could if you like. Then I dished it out over buttered bow-tie pasta. Even the kids loved it!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: