Friday, September 18, 2009

End of Summer Vegetable Medley


This is the first morning here in South Carolina where I've needed to wear a sweater. To me this marks the end of summer. Summer drags on down here with 80 degree days but cooler evenings. Vegetables are still in abundance and I wanted to share my last summer meal with you. Basically it is a "One-Pot-Wonder" except in a pan. You just chop vegetables of your choice into the pan, add water, season, and drizzle with olive oil and lemon. This time I made a daring change to my typical zucchini, potato, red pepper, tomato and carrot medley and added cabbage. It was an interesting twist that added beautiful color and flavor. I also chop parley and dill along with my basic onions and garlic. Mix well with olive oil. Add water, salt and pepper. Sometimes I even add Swiss chard to this recipe. Bake at 350 for about an hour. It's very simple yet abundantly nutritious.

No comments: